HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE FORUM

Please contact the France & Colonies Philatelic Society webmaster (see contact information at the bottom of the page). We have had reports that some members using Microsoft Edge and older versions of Safari have had difficulties in logging in. We have found by changing browers to Chrome or Firefox has rectified the problem.

Current French mainland mail sorting centres?

More
7 months 6 days ago #224 by rniven
I seem to remember that sometime ago a more informed Member of the Society than me said that all (or nearly all) letters were now processed by one three main sorting centres in France?

It is possible that I have mis-remembered (Not uncommon these days) but I wonder if anyone is able to confirm or refute this? Also the type of letter sorting machines now in use at the major centres? Do they still use Neopost? 

Although its is now quite rare to get a letter posted in France with a cancelled adhesive I would find it useful to know the type of cancellations now in use, and the machines and location of the main sorting offices. 

best wishes

roger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #225 by mlbister
Replied by mlbister on topic Current French mainland mail sorting centres?
France is certainly reducing the number of sorting offices by creating huge 'Plateformes industrielles de courrier' but I think it will be a long time before just three can cope. I have found on the web two articles which may help you
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plateforme_industrielle_du_courrier
exploreparis.com/fr/209-plateforme-indus...is-nord-gonesse.html .
If your Microsoft is up-to-date you should be able to translate the articles automatically.
The first covers the programme on a national basis and shows the present locations and the second describes the work of one in Paris.
I'm afraid I can't help you with regards to the types of cancelling machines used
Mick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds